The Downtown Development Authority Administrative Assistant is responsible for the organization of the office of the DDA, which includes: Answering phones, processing gift certificate orders, ordering office supplies, processing invoices with the CEO, organizing calendar for CEO, assisting CEO with process of payroll, attending board meetings to take minutes.
The Administrative Assistant is the direct support staff to the CEO.
- Handles routine administrative functions, and receives and answers inquiries from property owners, merchants, residents, and other members of the public
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive or personal information
- Processes payroll with the CEO
- Prepares and drafts correspondence, documents and report s
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of agenda materials for the Downtown Development Authority, DDA Subcommittee (including Parking Subcommittee) and Farmer’s Market Advisory Committee
- Schedules appointments manages the calendar and makes arrangements for the Chief Executive Officer
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive filing and records retention system.
- Assists CEO with financial processes
Required Skills, and Competencies:
- College, technical, vocational, trade, or business school degree/certification
- Experience requirements include three or more years of administrative management
- Skills in maintaining a comprehensive filing system and in retrieving a variety of information and data, including sensitive information requiring confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with the public, community leaders, merchants, property owners, public officials and co-workers
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a self-starter, energetic, imaginative, and have the ability to prioritize tasks and assignments
Schedule and Compensation
Full-time; Compensation has a starting wage of $32,000 to $40,000 and is commensurate with experience. The DDA offers a rich benefits plan including employer-paid health and vision insurance, retirement plan with employer match.
Please email cover letters and resumes to Jean Derenzy at the following email address: email@example.com.
The Traverse City Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is a component unit of the City of Traverse City dedicated to maintaining and building downtown as the vibrant center of retail, culture, dining, commerce and place in the region. The DDA is a fun, creative and fast-paced office looking for the right individual to join our team.